Hello Mickey!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pescar presents, SHADOW.






               The show depicted the dance of Northern and Southern Philippines, some dances here in Panay, Maria Cultural Suite, Panayana Cultural Group, WVSU Rondalla Ensemble, and Countryside dancers. It was all in all a great show. I’ve been watching the Pescar’s show for almost three years now and this one never failed to amaze me especially the Contemporary and Hip Hop dances. A big Two Thumbs Up!
               The Cultural Center was fully packed with students from West Visayas and also from other schools. It was really an anticipated event. The first dance was Usa – oy. The Grandest of all canao is the Uya – oy. The Uya – oy is mainly celebrated by a Kadangyan or chieftain of the village. The second dance was Bendian, the biggest Bendian is to celebrate a victory in war and a successful headhunt. It was followed by Pawakan or cockfighters dance. Next were Silong sa Sanding, Kappa Malong – Malong, La Jota Sevillana, Pandangguido BuraweÑo, Binasuan, and our very known Tinikling. The dances were all well prepared and the songs and costumes were also thrilling. I loved watching them dance and the crowd also agreed in my opinion.
               The Panaya Cultural Group also showed what they’ve got! They sang Ati – ati sa bukid, Dalawidaw and Kruhay. I was amazed how good they were. I for one am not a good singer. That’s why I really admire those people who can sing and are sharing their talents as well.
               But the best part is yet to come! The Contemporary Dances were also good. They dance, “Im too sexy for your love”, “Kung ako ay Iiwan mo”, “Hopeless” and the crowd favorite, “In the Jungle”. I too liked the Dance In the Jungle. It was fun and funny at the same time. Also because I knew some of the dancers and I’ve seen their dances way back then. And last but not the least, the Hip Hop dance, “The Race”. Their costume and style were entirely different from those of the folkdances. Of course, so not to bore the audience, they have to put their cream of the crop performance in the end. It was a great show! An awesome one indeed!
               I’m happy to watch Shadow. And I’m hoping there’s more in the future! Definitely a Two thumbs Up!
              















               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews