Hello Mickey!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Best part of being a student - my high school life


I still remember the first time I step in school being a high school student. It doesn’t make any relevance for the fact that I’ve been in West Visayas State University since kinder to elementary and now in high school. I was extra early that time and prepared myself to make a first impression to my new classmates. First impression always lasts. But as soon as I step inside the room, I saw my friends and I dashed towards them. We we’re hugging and shouting at each other like we’ve been separate in years. We changed a lot when speaking of our physical appearances, especially the boys. Oh the boys, they we’re so tall, tall enough that we landed just beneath their broad shoulders and their voice was so low pitched that we mimicked it for fun. We we’re busy entertaining ourselves we forgot about the new comers, our soon to be best friends and as well...enemies.
I still remember those vague memories. I never imagined being close to these people, being a part of the family, batch 2012. The end of the world. Yeah right. It has been three years since then. Juniors. Blue. I feel that our friendship and bond has gotten stronger, tighter than a condom. Oops sorry. Censored. We’ve experienced a lot of discrimination from each other before for the fact that our so – called – groups we’re different from each other. For starters, there’s Philisophies – composed of mostly girls (kikay and cuties) but I believe there are also guys in their group. Then the MIRCPJ or sometimes the Golden Academy – I might say composed of girls too and mostly some of the braniacs are from their group. Staged – through thick and thin I know they won’t abandon each other. The most artistic of all, the Kappa – composed of mostly guys who are very musically inclined, they may be a thorn on a teacher’s side, but they are the pride of the room when it comes to fun and laughter, and music. And last but not the least, my own family, my group of friends. We’re composed of mixed boys and girls, we love to have fun and worry about the least things to be worried about. We aren’t that smart nor dumb, we’re...average of a student. Grupo , my partners in crime, though we don’t exactly have a lot in common we just understand each other. And there are also smaller groups in our batch.
Our lives were fast forward and before we know it, it would be our turn to march the stage, get our diplomas and leave the vicinity of our second home, our second family...that is if all of us would really get our diplomas, though I believe in my batch. We’re not losers, were fighters. It bothers me a lot that the reality will be, we’re leading separate lives years from now and follow our own paths. Some may leave for a while, and some for good. And now we’re given a time to surpass the challenges of growing up and learn from the mistakes we’ve made. This might help us in becoming a better person. I hope so. I know so. For now, we’ll just enjoy our moments together and let the hand of fate guide us for tomorrow. Today, tomorrow and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews